New Lift and Mid-Mountain Lodge at Copper

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

New Lift and Mid-Mountain Lodge at Copper

Post by PinnacleJim »

Looks like Powdr still has some money for mountain upgrades. Let's hope some comes Killington's way also.
https://www.coloradoski.com/blog/copper ... on-and-new" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: New Lift and Mid-Mountain Lodge at Copper

Post by snoloco »

Killington already applied for permits to replace North Ridge. If they are approved in time I think that will be a 2019 project, and if not a 2020 project.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

It's also been put out there that a new k1 lodge will be started this summer.
Ragged#1
Bumper

Post by Ragged#1 »

Copper has quickly become my home mountain this season! By far the best woods in summit county and right behind A-Basin as the best! This addition is going to be killer for them!! The bowl terrain can certainly get pretty busy back there so adding this terrain to lift service will be a welcomed site.
SAVE SOUTHRIDGE!
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

I have also heard that the K1 lodge is happening this summer. I'm not sure how much other stuff will be done as I am told by the MB crew that they are being told they will have an entire season uninterrupted by construction this year.....
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

The Great Bear tunnel was planned for this summer. I hope it stays on the docket. Although I can see a lodge project pushing that aside.

Hard to imagine how a new lodge would be ready by peak holiday time (xmas/new years). And without that lodge a World Cup event would not make the bucks they have made in the past.

So maybe there is no World Cup next year (just a sanctioned FIS race instead), no Bear tunnel, and the lodge gets torn down early May and a massive build starts up. Don't see how it could be done, but unlike the Peak Lodge there is easy access. Could be a multiple stage process where Mahogany Ridge stays in place next winter and then the following winter they complete the full buildout. Whatever gets done will be well appreciated and a good buzz for attracting future business. The North Ridge project can stand alone and be non-interfering.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Seacoaster wrote:I have also heard that the K1 lodge is happening this summer.....
Source of this rumor ?
Would be nice to see butt hard to imagine uninterrupted MTB operations on K1..

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

da Pimp wrote:The Great Bear tunnel was planned for this summer. I hope it stays on the docket. Although I can see a lodge project pushing that aside.

Hard to imagine how a new lodge would be ready by peak holiday time (xmas/new years). And without that lodge a World Cup event would not make the bucks they have made in the past.

So maybe there is no World Cup next year (just a sanctioned FIS race instead), no Bear tunnel, and the lodge gets torn down early May and a massive build starts up. Don't see how it could be done, but unlike the Peak Lodge there is easy access. Could be a multiple stage process where Mahogany Ridge stays in place next winter and then the following winter they complete the full buildout. Whatever gets done will be well appreciated and a good buzz for attracting future business. The North Ridge project can stand alone and be non-interfering.
The new lodge is supposed to be a 2 year project. They are going to leave the current lodge as is so it can be used next winter and build the new lodge in front of it on the parking lot is the rumor I heard from multible bartenders on the mountain
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. 'multiple bartenders' conjures up memories of Joe the Bartender and Crazy Guggenheim :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

I agree, what I've heard(not from bartenders) is the new lodge will be built on the drop off side of K1. That would allow a faster start and is a better position IMO. As for the uninterrupted DH season, that is what the gentlemen who runs that area told me he was told by the big dogs. Although I am not positive, I think the new Carinthia building was done in this timetable in the same manner and is likely built by the same GC who will build the new K1. I was at Carinthia a month or two ago and that building was 95% done and was opened to the public in December with plans to finalize it this spring.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

New K 1 lodge won't be started this year.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22