Attachments
FB_IMG_1567290687842.jpg
FB_IMG_1567290687842.jpg (85.38 KiB) Viewed 878 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Thoughts on the NRA?

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:.
was the guy an NRA member? how many NRA members commit gun crimes? how many non-NRA members commit gun crimes?

IMO the NRA asks for too much money so I no longer support them...not that the AMC doesn't ask just as much and just as often...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

thoughts on Chicago?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

For a guy who just two days ago said he felt it pointless to have discussions with me, you sure can't help yourself from coming back for more. Why?

Chicago has it's issues. Clearly there needs to be better policing and community out reach to help reduce the violence. Hopefully someday their story mirrors that of places like Boston and NYC who have vastly improved since the 80s.

This weekend was a bad one in Chicago. Did the NRA buy up prime advertising space on the Facebook News pages reporting on the violence?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:For a guy who just two days ago said he felt it pointless to have discussions with me, you sure can't help yourself from coming back for more. Why?

Chicago has it's issues. Clearly there needs to be better policing and community out reach to help reduce the violence. Hopefully someday their story mirrors that of places like Boston and NYC who have vastly improved since the 80s.

This weekend was a bad one in Chicago. Did the NRA buy up prime advertising space on the Facebook News pages reporting on the violence?
I googled your query and got nada...I had no idea what you were posting above...hard to imagine the NRA specifically bought ad space directly linked to "the violence"...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Did+the ... e&ie=UTF-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so you tell us....did they?

I'm not sure a screen cap from someones phone is proof of what you are implying...as I said I had no idea wtf you were implying til you replied...maybe I still don't...maybe you can be a little more clear what is your screen cap supposed to show/imply/mean?

and yeah it's pointless to imagine having a "discussion" with you....it
s not pointless to question what you are posting about...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

yep that's what I thought....jump to stupid conclusions, get called out...crickets....wash, rinse, repeat....
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

The NRA is a quintessential example of how people in this country have separated into distinct camps and refuse to have meaningful dialogue or work together in any way to accomplish anything useful. If you're an NRA person, you're anti-gun control no matter how reasonable the law. If you're not an NRA person, you probably consider the NRA awful. There's no compromise, no middle ground.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:The NRA is a quintessential example of how people in this country have separated into distinct camps and refuse to have meaningful dialogue or work together in any way to accomplish anything useful. If you're an NRA person, you're anti-gun control no matter how reasonable the law. If you're not an NRA person, then you probably have wild fantasies about what the NRA is....you probably consider the NRA awful. There's no compromise, no middle ground.
many don't give a fvck one way or the other....and yeah there's no compromise in "shall not be infringed"...amazing...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:The NRA is a quintessential example of how people in this country have separated into distinct camps and refuse to have meaningful dialogue or work together in any way to accomplish anything useful. If you're an NRA person, you're anti-gun control no matter how reasonable the law. If you're not an NRA person, you probably consider the NRA awful. There's no compromise, no middle ground.
I'm an NRA member, but care about gun control. Perhaps I'm an aberration :lol: or maybe not:
Time wrote:Sixty-nine percent of NRA members expressed support for comprehensive background checks. A proposal to implement universal background checks would apply to all gun sales, rather than just purchases made at licensed retailers, according to the Giffords Law Center, a gun control advocacy group.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:The NRA is a quintessential example of how people in this country have separated into distinct camps and refuse to have meaningful dialogue or work together in any way to accomplish anything useful. If you're an NRA person, you're anti-gun control no matter how reasonable the law. If you're not an NRA person, you probably consider the NRA awful. There's no compromise, no middle ground.
I'm an NRA member, but care about gun control. Perhaps I'm an aberration :lol: or maybe not:
Time wrote:Sixty-nine percent of NRA members expressed support for comprehensive background checks. A proposal to implement universal background checks would apply to all gun sales, rather than just purchases made at licensed retailers, according to the Giffords Law Center, a gun control advocacy group.
many have wild fantasies about what the NRA is....

I care about gun control too...two hands is the best way to achieve it...
mach es sehr schnell

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Is there a dichotomy between what NRA membership and what NRA leadership think about gun control law? I would think there is, because the NRA leadership's position is pretty unreasonable in opposing all forms gun control.

Perhaps I overstated the case. When you look at the NRA leadership, the views seem extreme. When you look at what left-wing groups say about the NRA, the views seem extreme. There are moderates in the middle I'm sure. That mirrors our electorate. We have the Republocrats on one side and the Democons on the other, and they each point to the other and say everything they think is wrong. Most of the electorate backs one side or the other, falling into these polarized camps. Then there's the moderates in the middle, who have to choose between these two awful groups each election cycle. But at least we basically get to decide who wins and who loses, even if the choices suck.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:Is there a dichotomy between what NRA membership and what NRA leadership think about gun control law? I would think there is, because the NRA leadership's position is pretty unreasonable in opposing all forms gun control.

Perhaps I overstated the case. When you look at the NRA leadership, the views seem extreme. When you look at what left-wing groups say about the NRA, the views seem extreme. There are moderates in the middle I'm sure. That mirrors our electorate. We have the Republocrats on one side and the Democons on the other, and they each point to the other and say everything they think is wrong. Most of the electorate backs one side or the other, falling into these polarized camps. Then there's the moderates in the middle, who have to choose between these two awful groups each election cycle. But at least we basically get to decide who wins and who loses, even if the choices suck.
it's hilarious that you consider yourself a "moderate"....absolutely zero self awareness....
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote:.
If the NRA is in favor of sane, law abiding citizens owning guns, I'm with them.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:yep that's what I thought....jump to stupid conclusions, get called out...crickets....wash, rinse, repeat....
...those crickets are what's called having a life. I don't spend all day, every day on Kzone like you do. I may have better things to be doing and don't swing in for a day or so because of a spell of boredom. I sure as S don't always look back through a thread to see if people, especially you, have asked me a question. Don't much care what you think.

But, seeing how you're so desperate for my attention despite repeated claims to the contrary, here is my answer to your question. It would appear that the NRA bought prime ad space below a story about a mass shooting. If that post is legitimate, then shame on the NRA. I certainly wouldn't put it past them given their stance following similar tragedies. Which by the way, have nothing to do with protecting your rights for owning your precious little dick extension and everything to do with convincing you to buy a bigger one.