tuesday 11/29 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 11/29 report

Post by skiadikt »

at least we had some viz today with partial sun. the mtn did the best with what they had, putting the hill back together. all terrain was groomed. at the bell most everything skied well. your basic flat and rather firm but after the 1st hr even w the light turnout, conditions deteriorated into a combo of chunky monkey, sugar w icy patches. a quick 11 by 11 and gone.

best on snowdon were upper mouse and full house. upper bunny held up for a run. trap was edgeable but quite fast. best in the NR was rime. upper dipper which did get groomed was very firm. reason wrotd as the primary condition was chunks and gravel. definitely should be among the 1st snowmaking targets. though it was cold enough for snowmaking, nothing was running. gonna assume w another warmup tomorrow they decided to save their powder.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: tuesday 11/29 report

Post by snoloco »

I assume the park will be moved to Mouse Run and Full House soon, after which the mounds for the features on Reason can be pushed out. That might mean there is no need to make snow there now.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote: Nov 29th, '22, 12:58 I assume the park will be moved to Mouse Run and Full House soon, after which the mounds for the features on Reason can be pushed out. That might mean there is no need to make snow there now.
it's barely skiable now and will be worse after tomorrow's weather. would be surprised if they build out a new park on mouse run with so much expansion terrain needed.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

When is Superstar opening?
Forever .. Goat Path
Eddytheyetti
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Eddytheyetti »

skiadikt wrote:
snoloco wrote: Nov 29th, '22, 12:58 I assume the park will be moved to Mouse Run and Full House soon, after which the mounds for the features on Reason can be pushed out. That might mean there is no need to make snow there now.
it's barely skiable now and will be worse after tomorrow's weather. would be surprised if they build out a new park on mouse run with so much expansion terrain needed.
I am sure they will build out another park before pushing for expansion and I am sure this group will wank about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

after the previous 2 WCs, supe has opened the saturday.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Do they typically open Sup Pod with a snow connection in front of KBL? There is a lot of construction stuff still there as of today
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Stratton Report. A good use of our Ikon pass today. About 15,000 vertical in 3 hours [12-3 shift] with the mountain to ourself. Maybe saw 20 people all day on the same trail with us.

4 ways down the upper mountain [3 black, 1 blue] served by two high speed lifts [Ursa and Snow bowl]. 2 ways down to the bottom. Firm, but very edgeable conditions with a smattering of frozen cat tracks and chunky monkey.

ROTD: Polar Bear. Long, wide open run with decent conditions considering the hand dealt out.

Second best day of season for me.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

I always enjoyed Stratton mid-week. Had some great bump runs on Spruce and Bear Down.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Nov 29th, '22, 17:56 Do they typically open Sup Pod with a snow connection in front of KBL? There is a lot of construction stuff still there as of today
usually yes, maybe w some walking. there's still a lot of WC stuff needing to be removed. last 2 seasons supe pod didn't open until saturday so there's a couple more days of cleanup to go.

fwiw, looks mighty fugly out there today. to those more hardy than me, ski it if you can see it ...