Killington Property Management - the pits

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

LINYbob
Bumper

Killington Property Management - the pits

Post by LINYbob »

Late Thursday afternoon, I contacted Killington to see if my condo was rented out or not. They told me it was open, so I could stay there. That was cool, and so I came up with my kid on Friday. When I got to the condo, the parking lot was packed and the place seemed pretty busy. It was like that all weekend long.

I'm definitely glad that I came up, and I'm glad the condo was available to me. No question about that. But I'm confused as to why they didn't get it rented out either. It looked like our complex was pretty full, and the slopes were crowded too.

We scored very high on the annual review of condos (#3 out of 36) and you'd think they'd want to fill up the best ones first. I guess not. No wonder ASC is losing money.

(It was nice meeting some of the Zoners at the 10AMs - nice putting faces to names... and AndyZ is a really nice guy - I don't see how he gets so much grief - in person he's great! )
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

I understand completely, I have had the same thing happen to me. Where is your condo??

I use Killington Accommodations as my management company, but the condo is not always cleaned as well as I expect.
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
whiteout
Wanted Poster

Post by whiteout »

killington rentals aren't based on how nice they are. they have some sort of rotation. your unit is rented then goes to the back of the line.
double the powder and shorten the fuse!
whiteout
Wanted Poster

Post by whiteout »

RedRider wrote:I understand completely, I have had the same thing happen to me. Where is your condo??

I use Killington Accommodations as my management company, but the condo is not always cleaned as well as I expect.
Is that Killington or another PM company?

Killington does a sh*t job of cleaning our units. They are consistently understaffed, so a cursory clean is the norm.
LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

RedRider wrote:I understand completely, I have had the same thing happen to me. Where is your condo??

Our is at Pinnacle. At the Owner's meeting in October cleaning was a major topic. I've experienced things appearing and disappearing in the kitchen a lot. Last time I was up, I had one colander. Now there are four there! We also got a complete set of new pots and pans from somewhere. And two comforters walked. I also saw that we have a new set of glass salad bowls and a big salad bowl that wasn't there last time I was up.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I don't think any of the management companies have good cleaning people. The last time we were up, when we got to our place on Friday night I discovered that none of the beds were completely made - the pillows were all missing pillowcases. Luckily there were some pillowcases with the extra sheets for the pullout couch and fold up beds and I was able to use those. Of course, I went in and complained to the management company but was told that it is very hard to find good cleaning help. I told them it was their responsibility to check the place after the cleaning people have gone through it and that what I found on Friday night was unacceptable especially if it is a renter who is coming into the place. We will see if service improves.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Bob! It was so nice to see you over at Ram's Head. I did take my friend over to the magic carpet and it made a huge difference. Will you be up next weekend?

And we had similar issues w/ our Mtn Green condo...though it was not killington-managed. Stuff would disappear, but unlike your case--no new stuff would appear. :?

Then they would constantly be asking us to upgrade and replace stuff. I had some issue w/ this since a lot of the stuff they wanted us to upgrade or replace was in perfectly good condition. And since our condo got so much rental use, it was going to have a lot of wear and tear.

I'll tell you, it feels a lot better spending the money to put in your own private house than in some rental place that you have little control over! Still, when you put nice stuff in your vacation home I guess you always run the risk it's going to be trashed.

Sprite
I like wine.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

LINYbob wrote:

Our is at Pinnacle. At the Owner's meeting in October cleaning was a major topic. I've experienced things appearing and disappearing in the kitchen a lot. Last time I was up, I had one colander. Now there are four there! We also got a complete set of new pots and pans from somewhere. And two comforters walked. I also saw that we have a new set of glass salad bowls and a big salad bowl that wasn't there last time I was up.
I have the same issue with the Mt Green cleaning people. My wife puts
her own silverware and plates/cups etc in the unit and they constantly replace them with the shitty stuff they use.

Had a $40 mattress pad grow legs last week. Left an unopened bottle of
wine in the wine rack that was also gone (the only people who'd been in
the place had been the cleaning folks.

We also use some kind of rotation which - given my personal use - got me
at most 2 rentals a month. Doing alot of my own renting this season and
have had much, much better results.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

It was great seeing you again too Sprite. Nice new avatar too! My next time up is 1/7, but I may be up sometime during Christmas week.

My older son and I did Snowshed and he is really coming along. Those skis he got this year really seem to be helping. They must have a Sprite magical spell on them or something :wink:

They told us at the Owner's meeting not to put anything in the condos that you don't mind losing or getting broken. It's just part of the business. It is strange though seeing stuff appear that wasn't there previously. Weird.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Kahuna, you are using Cyberrentals right? I've had several people tell me they get fantastic results w/ that. Do you take a deposit? How do you deal w/ the cleaning before & after?

Sprite
I like wine.
whiteout
Wanted Poster

Post by whiteout »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I don't think any of the management companies have good cleaning people. The last time we were up, when we got to our place on Friday night I discovered that none of the beds were completely made - the pillows were all missing pillowcases. Luckily there were some pillowcases with the extra sheets for the pullout couch and fold up beds and I was able to use those. Of course, I went in and complained to the management company but was told that it is very hard to find good cleaning help. I told them it was their responsibility to check the place after the cleaning people have gone through it and that what I found on Friday night was unacceptable especially if it is a renter who is coming into the place. We will see if service improves.
i know i would not be a repeat customers if the unit i rented was a mess. not a tough concept. it's one thing to abuse the owner. our alternative is to hire another mgmt co. or rent it ourselves. but a customer simply will not come back or rent elsewhere. no wonder ASC is one big financial mess.
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

LINYbob wrote: They told us at the Owner's meeting not to put anything in the condos that you don't mind losing or getting broken.
One (of many) reasons I have not bought a condo up there is that I don't understand what to do about electronics equipment. Most condo renters expect a TV and some sort of stereo, right? How on earth do you keep this stuff from acquiring legs?
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

whiteout wrote:

Is that Killington or another PM company?

Killington does a sh*t job of cleaning our units. They are consistently understaffed, so a cursory clean is the norm.
Killington Accomodations is a private company.

www.vtkillington.com
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

dont use peter gilmore, i believe he is killington accomadations. big time dirt bag...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

we rented our condo out for 3 years and none of the electronics ever disappeared. I think that is a bit conspicuous...and good reason for rapid police involvement. So I'd say 99% of the occupants avoid taking that kind of stuff!

Sprite
I like wine.