Spinmaster---K1 Camera

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Spinmaster---K1 Camera

Post by rogman »

I know you've got a huge backlog of issues to deal with, but any chance of getting the presets working on the K1 cam? It would be a far more effective marketing tool if it didn't spend most of its time careening about stupidly pointing at the ground. While you're at it, when the wait gets long, the user that finally gets it is often long gone, so it just stays pointed at the same spot for a minute; how about a timeout? If the operator doesn't do something in the first 15 seconds, it advances to the next user.

edit: Fixed the thread title, somehow I figured Dwight had taken it over. Spin, gotta delegate! (Unless it's a fun toy you like messin' around with :wink: )
Last edited by rogman on Nov 24th, '07, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

One issue I noticed recently is that users don't necasarilly (sic) leave, but when your turn comes up the camera just doesn't respond. But, do you think anyone from K gives a sh*t anymore?
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
spinmaster
Bumper

Post by spinmaster »

I will work on getting the presets back up. However, everytime the power goes out, it resets the camera and we lose the presets. So we'll look at a battery backup as well.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

spinmaster wrote:I will work on getting the presets back up. However, everytime the power goes out, it resets the camera and we lose the presets. So we'll look at a battery backup as well.
Wow. That sux.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
laseranimal
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by laseranimal »

spinmaster wrote:I will work on getting the presets back up. However, everytime the power goes out, it resets the camera and we lose the presets. So we'll look at a battery backup as well.
sure sure blame the power company, doesn't ANYONE around there take responsibility for tech issues? Obviously there are too many crowds trying to use the camera. If you just reduced the number of users, the k-1 camera would be a better quality product

perhaps just don't allow firefox users to access it, that strategy seems to be working to perfection with the interactive trail map

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.

John Muir
4-mile
Black Carver

Post by 4-mile »

Although it is a relatively minor issue, my biggest peeve about the K-1 Camera is that sometime midway through last season the camera's vertical tilt range was lowered. Now we can look straight down at the ground (who cares) but we can't zoom in to the Peak (which was really nice to do). It would be nice if that vertical range could be reset to it's original setting (or at least enough to do a full zoom on the peak).
Texas_Tuck
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Texas_Tuck »

Yeah, This K-1 Lodge customer-operated camera sux. Mt. Snow's, Okemo's, Jay's, Sugarbush's, Stowe's and Mad River Glen's customer-operated cameras are so much better!
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Much appreciated!
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I still say put that cam on the top of K1 base lodge with 360 degree rotation. Maybe next season? :idea:

With how many power hits happen up there you definitely need a battery backup...
lilywhite
Double Diamond Skidder

Camera

Post by lilywhite »

It would be nice to flip quickly to peak, ss, maybe walkers around kbl and the traffic on Gondola..highline, if it is not closed for racing all the time.
thanx in advance.