Mishaps this weekend.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Killington Koyote
Black Carver

Mishaps this weekend.

Post by Killington Koyote »

2 people from the KSC were taken out by boarders, one woman hurt her hip, the ass asked her if she was ok, she said no and he took off, she is bruised but ok. Another boarder crashed into a guy and took off as well, he now has a broken leg. My 8 year old was almost taken out by a boarder, luckily he moved out of the way just in time. I sped up to him and tried to calmly ask him to be more careful and he gave me a bunch of sh*t, I lost it on him, I was screaming so madly spit was flying into his face. On Saturday a kid from the club slipped off the SS Quad and fell about 20 feet. I heard he is OK but no one I talked to was sure. I can't wait til the mountain fully opens and the crowds get spread out, watch your ass out there!!!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Re: Mishaps this weekend.

Post by SkiDork »

Sat morning when the B team was meeting up for the 1st time of the season, Deb gave her "rules" talk and 1 of the main rules was, if you're involved in an accident with someone, make sure you stop and see if they're OK AND make sure you apologize even if it wasn't your fault. A little courtesy and kindness goes a long way. Hopefully some of that will rub off on the groms...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

by the looks of things around town saturday night, id say the idiot quotient was extremely high this past weekend...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Killington Koyote wrote:2 people from the KSC were taken out by boarders, one woman hurt her hip, the ass asked her if she was ok, she said no and he took off, she is bruised but ok. Another boarder crashed into a guy and took off as well, he now has a broken leg. My 8 year old was almost taken out by a boarder, luckily he moved out of the way just in time. I sped up to him and tried to calmly ask him to be more careful and he gave me a bunch of sh*t, I lost it on him, I was screaming so madly spit was flying into his face. On Saturday a kid from the club slipped off the SS Quad and fell about 20 feet. I heard he is OK but no one I talked to was sure. I can't wait til the mountain fully opens and the crowds get spread out, watch your ass out there!!!
Thought She wasn't ok??

Really, you lost your cool over someone not wanting to listen to you about an accident that didn't happen?

Anyone associated with the KSC / KMS should really just keep their mouth closed about anything dangerous on the mountain until they stop bombing down the mountain in packs. Happen all this weekend again.

Thanks to them for scrapping up East Fall as well. Pack of about 12 of them with some sort of instructor sliding down Lower East Fall so that they could find a suitable place to give a lesson...Seriously make some turns.
Killington Koyote
Black Carver

Post by Killington Koyote »

SPORE wrote:
Killington Koyote wrote:2 people from the KSC were taken out by boarders, one woman hurt her hip, the ass asked her if she was ok, she said no and he took off, she is bruised but ok. Another boarder crashed into a guy and took off as well, he now has a broken leg. My 8 year old was almost taken out by a boarder, luckily he moved out of the way just in time. I sped up to him and tried to calmly ask him to be more careful and he gave me a bunch of sh*t, I lost it on him, I was screaming so madly spit was flying into his face. On Saturday a kid from the club slipped off the SS Quad and fell about 20 feet. I heard he is OK but no one I talked to was sure. I can't wait til the mountain fully opens and the crowds get spread out, watch your ass out there!!!
Thought She wasn't ok??

Really, you lost your cool over someone not wanting to listen to you about an accident that didn't happen?

Anyone associated with the KSC / KMS should really just keep their mouth closed about anything dangerous on the mountain until they stop bombing down the mountain in packs. Happen all this weekend again.

Thanks to them for scrapping up East Fall as well. Pack of about 12 of them with some sort of instructor sliding down Lower East Fall so that they could find a suitable place to give a lesson...Seriously make some turns.

She was hurting initially after the crash, only after a few people stopped, helped her gather her equipment and got her bearings back, did she realize that she was OK. Only because my kid was smart and agile enough to avoid a collision from a full grown man out of control did the accident not happen, he needed to be called out, as does anyone who skis/rides out of control and puts others in danger.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Hey, where is Doc No?

Those damm boarders!
Where is Happy Hour ?
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

whos to judge on who is skiing or riding out of control. ive been cruising along at a pretty good clip only to have some moron ski right across my path. it works both ways, and im sorry to say but the old, people in front of you have the right of way, is one of the biggest loads of sh*t now a days. be aware of your surroundings and life will be ok...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I saw three sleds bringing people down plus several people down being attended to by ski patrol over the weekend. I have no idea what happened in any of the incidents. I did have several instances where people were following too close behind either H or myself and where our paths to turn were impeded or potentially risked by those following too close behind, both skiers and riders. None were KSC/KMS people and it appeared all were beyond their teenage years. I didn't think this weekend was any more crowded than any weekend last season on any trail we were on and far less mobbed than early season in past years when the all4debt passes had people playing bumper cars on the slopes. There were a few times where we just stopped to let a bunched up group pass but nothing out of the ordirnary.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

people really need to learn how to hold a line when crowds are around..

some of the newer riders in my house do the same thing. they cannot hold a good line and end up all over the the trail...

it becomes a chore trying to read their mind what illogical turn they will be doing next.

i find it easier to read where a snowboarder is going to go than a skier....minus rockon.

also, the worse is when people just stop...or the skiers do that thing where they put a real quick parallel mountain turn to stop, no thinking that there are others coming down the mtn. fast then them.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

johnny the jibber wrote:whos to judge on who is skiing or riding out of control. ive been cruising along at a pretty good clip only to have some moron ski right across my path. it works both ways, and im sorry to say but the old, people in front of you have the right of way, is one of the biggest loads of sh*t now a days. be aware of your surroundings and life will be ok...
Being aware of your surroundings? Does that include:

1. Not skiing or riding too close to the person/people ahead of you?
2. Not skiing or riding with headphones on with music blaring so you can't hear what's going on around you, like the sound of someone letting you know they're coming up and passing by?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

icedtea wrote:people really need to learn how to hold a line when crowds are around..

some of the newer riders in my house do the same thing. they cannot hold a good line and end up all over the the trail...

it becomes a chore trying to read their mind what illogical turn they will be doing next.

i find it easier to read where a snowboarder is going to go than a skier....minus rockon.

also, the worse is when people just stop...or the skiers do that thing where they put a real quick parallel mountain turn to stop, no thinking that there are others coming down the mtn. fast then them.
Expecting the unexpected and leaving room to react is part of skiing/riding under control, isn't it?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Bubba wrote:
icedtea wrote:people really need to learn how to hold a line when crowds are around..

Expecting the unexpected and leaving room to react is part of skiing/riding under control, isn't it?
of course baby i am nimble like a cat.... i always am conscious of what is going on around me.

in my 4 days this year i have had two gapers slam into me... usually by the pipeline gn intersection people sliding down. something has to be done there. it is a death trap. remember all those french canadians just standing around there.

but yea essentially you must be responsible for yourself. this will all be over with once the trees are nice.

more emphasis should be placed on holding a line when people are learning IMHO
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

I'm always very nervous then trying to pass someone thinking they're going to cut me off into the trees or over a cliff.. I try to say "right" or "left" if they start to come over into me but I'm still like Mrs Partridge...

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

Post by tellitlikeitis »

[quote="icedtea"]also, the worse is when people just stop...or the skiers do that thing where they put a real quick parallel mountain turn to stop, no thinking that there are others coming down the mtn. fast then them.[/quote]

hey ice tea you nit wit, what does that have to do with anything at all?....the person in front has the right of way, all the time, 100% of the time, regardless of the situation.. there are no exceptions to that... if you are coming up on someone and you can not avoid them on a dime, you are going too fast for your ability... the person in front can stop, make wide turns , make tight turns , anything they want..YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS OBLIGATED TO AVOID THEM YOU FOOL...
i'm sick and tired of clowns like you who think that you have the right to go at a certain pace which ASSUMES YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO MAKE A TURN because you think you are better than you actually are... learn how to turn you dope...

on a different note, anyone who actually went out there skiing this weekend is also a fool....the first weekend in dec is always a joke for crowds...that is not skiing... it is collision avoidance, nothing more
sLoPeS
Slalom Racer

Post by sLoPeS »

yea, road rage was crazy high there this weekend. i had a snowboarder almost take me out on blue heaven and my friend got slammed by a snowboarder and snapped his pole down at the base of superstar. lots of good runs out there too....ovation top to bottom was pretty sweet as was skye hawk.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."