How many days have you skied/ridden this 2019-2020 season?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

How many days have you skied/ridden this 2019-2020 season?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

DrNo asked me to start it so here it is.

0 days for me thus far. However, my friends did hike and ski the patch they blew on Friday.
RENO
Whipping Post

Re: How many days have you skied/ridden this 2019-2020 seaso

Post by RENO »

Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Its beginning to look like a second season of 0 for me. My back is just not right. I am getting some diagnostics done on it, and one of the tests revealed another joint that looks to be a big problem. Not sure yet what the outcome will be, but I'm having trouble just cutting the lawn.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

tyrolean_skier wrote:DrNo asked me to start it so here it is.

0 days for me thus far. However, my friends did hike and ski the patch they blew on Friday.
Lou Zer.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Dickc wrote:Its beginning to look like a second season of 0 for me. My back is just not right. I am getting some diagnostics done on it, and one of the tests revealed another joint that looks to be a big problem. Not sure yet what the outcome will be, but I'm having trouble just cutting the lawn.
Sorry to hear that. Sucks! Hope things turn out better for you. Just can't function doing anything when your back is hurting!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Dickc wrote:Its beginning to look like a second season of 0 for me. My back is just not right. I am getting some diagnostics done on it, and one of the tests revealed another joint that looks to be a big problem. Not sure yet what the outcome will be, but I'm having trouble just cutting the lawn.
Sorry to hear this news. Hopefully they will take care of the problem and you will get better.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Opening Day and day 2

DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

One. $30 for a ticket to the only ski lift running in the northeast, bargain!
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

I just saw my doctor today. Mid December is another back surgery. Zero it will be. :evil:

Members of KZone - Go rip it up and have a few runs for me.
Please keep those daily reports going as that is the ONLY way I will enjoy skiing this winter!!!
:banana:
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Best of luck fusion buddy...we talked about you on the gondi yesterday morning, as I say, I don't like the sentence "I don't ski anymore...", please don't give up even after not going this 2nd season.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

DES wrote:Best of luck fusion buddy...we talked about you on the gondi yesterday morning, as I say, I don't like the sentence "I don't ski anymore...", please don't give up even after not going this 2nd season.
This one is not going to be a fusion. This joint was "fixed" 40 years ago (diskectomy), so he is going to try just cleaning out the branch nerve areas. If it closes back up afterward, then I have to go back and get it fused. I have what is known as degenerative disk disease. I am going to have problems for the rest of my life. I am going to resist having it stop me from having fun. I will only give in and stop skiing and so forth if I am told that it would put me in a wheel chair. Even then, if it does, perhaps I can learn to use a bucket style mono ski.... :mrgreen:
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

QOTD---you guys do this every day?

much ado about nothing much...snow surface was decent but boring as all hell...6 runs and the yawn factor was beyond tolerable...BTW you guys are slacking when I can show up and make a stripe or two down the side of west glade at 2 in the afternoon...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

madhatter wrote:Image

much ado about nothing much...snow surface was decent but boring as all hell...6 runs and the yawn factor was beyond tolerable...BTW you guys are slacking when I can show up and make a stripe or two down the side of west glade at 2 in the afternoon...
Thought I saw you [and Mrs. Hatter] coming under the Snowdon Triple yesterday afternoon.

BTW: That wasn't a very deep or defined stripe you left on West Glade.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Captain Hafski wrote:
madhatter wrote:Image

Thought I saw you [and Mrs. Hatter] coming under the Snowdon Triple yesterday afternoon.

BTW: That wasn't a very deep or defined stripe you left on West Glade.

there wasn't much to get...I was shocked that there was even a smidgen of untracked snow that one could even think about skiing on...calling it a powder day!!!
S6 and bunny buster will be a welcome addition...need somewhere to make some midweek gs turns...we're not at that point yet...soon though, as the snow cover has not melted here at the hatterdome...by the time the WC is done and gone K will be in great shape w plenty for everyone...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....