anyone skiing okemo today?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

anyone skiing okemo today?

Post by skiadikt »

they start turning in 10 min. yeah i know it's okemo but come on at this point, how much more exciting are rime & east glade gonna be. it's still SKIING.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

from the okemo website: they seem proud to be the only area open in vermont today.

Okemo Snow Report
Friday, November 18, 2005

The waiting and anticipation is over! Today's the day you can wear your goggles all day without any strange stares or awkward comments. That’s because Okemo is finally OPEN! Today marks the start of our fiftieth season of skiing, riding, and so much fun on Okemo Mountain! And to top it all off, we’re the ONLY open ski area in Vermont!
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Rampant ennui languishes in Ludlow :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

I'm so not there.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

shortski wrote:I'm so not there.
Obviously :wink:
pcgrantham
Poster Child Poster

Post by pcgrantham »

Some of you people here are worse than the west coast snobs who can't stand skiing in the east. If I was up there and Okemo or any other mountain was the only one open, I would have absolutely no problem going to the open mountian.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Me too.
I like wine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

pcgrantham wrote:Some of you people here are worse than the west coast snobs who can't stand skiing in the east. If I was up there and Okemo or any other mountain was the only one open, I would have absolutely no problem going to the open mountian.
LOL....you take this K vs. O thing much too seriously PCG. K fans love to rip Okemo for its focus on grooming and customer service. If only K had that same long term commitment to serving its customers that Okemo does, maybe it wouldn't have been losing market share to Okemo for the past whatever number of years. Their skier visits have grown while Killington has stagnated.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DoubleD
Black Carver

Post by DoubleD »

Never been there. But hats off, even if they are trucking it. Mom and Pop organization is beating the big K at their own game.

Says alot about ASC
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

me three.

actually from what i understand pokemo has lots of runs like bubba's fun run & bear claw. :)
spoiled South American skiin' whore
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

Bubba wrote: LOL....you take this K vs. O thing much too seriously PCG.
Paging Mr. Skidork. :wink:

The man made bumps are good for the ego.
SloeRide
Blue Chatterbox

Re: anyone skiing okemo today?

Post by SloeRide »

skiadikt wrote:but come on at this point, how much more exciting are rime & east glade gonna be.
No crap. The way I look at it, kind of tame early season conditions are good. It takes me a few days on the hill beofre I am ready to tangle with some serious conditions. The stable platform that man-made snow provides is good time to work on the fundimentals that will be essential as the season swings into dumps, lumps and bumps.

Well...that's the best silver lining I got. Anyone else?