Jay Peak Glades VS. Killington Glades

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Which Mountain has better glades, Killington or Jay Peak?

Poll ended at May 23rd, '09, 16:21

Jay Peak
57%
Killington
43%

Total votes: 30

gotanygum?
Black Carver

Re: Jay Peak Glades VS. Killington Glades

Post by gotanygum? »

Honestly, all things being equal, Jay by far. If we knew each mountain's equally well there terrain is better. Laser says it perfectly that there is no question Jay has more sidecountry capability than Killington and in my opinion has a better tree skiing/free skiing culture, although I think that K's is under rated. But on a pow day I'd rather be at K where I know the mountain 10x better, and being able to get untracked all day makes up for the somewhat "inferior" terrain.

Now let's pray for snow so we can get back into the trees asap.
skiboardfreak
Beginner On Rentals

Re: Jay Peak Glades VS. Killington Glades

Post by skiboardfreak »

Given decent snow, Jay's glades take the cake. Killington trees feel generally shorter (sans the notable exceptions - Growler, The Den, Julio, Anarchy), since they're broken up by trails (probably waste 600 feet of vertical getting to and from Patsy's). Also, Jay does an outstanding Job maintaining the woods, so that you're not dodging branches at eye-level quite as frequently.

My first time there was after a two-foot storm, and was hands down the best tree skiing I've had in VT (minus the concussion). If you're lucky enough to be there midweek, you'll be laying fresh lines all day, whereas the K is tracked out by noon regardless.