Northeast Skiology is Clownology . . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Northeast Skiology is Clownology . . . .

Post by hillbangin »

harvey44 wrote:Can anyone figure out the reason for another group? Seriously.

He's got the Group, The Page and the Website. Now another group. I don't get it.
Advertising. If he can get the same 20k dopes to join it's more money....

What a country!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Heywood jablowmee
Black Carver

Post by Heywood jablowmee »

all the very same?....what a fukin Jerry....
Attachments
jerrylewislady.jpg
jerrylewislady.jpg (119.6 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

harvey44 wrote: Nov 9th, '21, 14:08 Can anyone figure out the reason for another group? Seriously.

He's got the Group, The Page and the Website. Now another group. I don't get it.
Its all about rules . . No questions or discussions on the original pages . . Only his comments allowed. . . His new group is supposed to "allow" discussion and questions . . We'll see how that pans out . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
harvey44
Beginner On Rentals

Post by harvey44 »

I don't think it's the advertising. The same 20k people aren't likely to create a bunch more page views.

Rules... that seems more in line with what I've seen.

I posted it as a question over there too. I'll see if there is a response.
RedFlash
Beginner On Rentals

Post by RedFlash »

harvey44 wrote: Nov 9th, '21, 15:36 I don't think it's the advertising. The same 20k people aren't likely to create a bunch more page views.

Rules... that seems more in line with what I've seen.

I posted it as a question over there too. I'll see if there is a response.
Here is one explanation from Skiology Matt ----> "Michael Doran to each their own. Many long-time skiers and riders who have also been on social media for a while may be past the more generic type of ski group, but there are a ton of people who have a different mindset. We can see in the posts that we reject a lot of opportunity for learning and having discussions, but we just can't handle all of that stuff in Skiology. The other group will not be an absolute free-for-all, but advanced skiers and riders would mostly join to help others, but I'm sure some insight will be gleaned among most from time to time. Northeast Skiology wants posts that help to inform or entertain others, while this other group will allow people to ask the community for help in addition to some of those other things, but not with my own coverage. I do not plan on participating except to share maybe some bigger items like Skiology events, but I will read the group."

Can anyone understand this?

In the new group, some asshole jerry posted this video https://www.facebook.com/1042170957/vid ... 2181348683 . And at 20 seconds into it one of the jerrys throws his helmet to the asphalt. And 2 of the administrators made approving comments for that dickhead chucking personal protection that could save lives onto the parking lot. SMH.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

RedFlash wrote: Nov 9th, '21, 15:52

In the new group, some asshole jerry posted this video https://www.facebook.com/1042170957/vid ... 2181348683 . And at 20 seconds into it one of the jerrys throws his helmet to the asphalt. And 2 of the administrators made approving comments for that dickhead chucking personal protection that could save lives onto the parking lot. SMH.

This pretty much sums up what is wrong with the skiing community these days . . A view being perpetuated by the clownology dickhead and his Q Anon-like followers . .
JaqueLeCoque
Beginner On Rentals

Post by JaqueLeCoque »

ski wrote: Nov 10th, '21, 07:00 This pretty much sums up what is wrong with the skiing community these days . . A view being perpetuated by the clownology dickhead and his Q Anon-like followers . .
I'm not sure that's true.
The real ski community is as legitimate, strong, and passionate as ever. The clown-show is nowhere near representative of the ski community. In fact, from what I can tell it's as far removed from actual skiers as possible. It's like when Disney or ad-agencies try to make a rock band. It's just off.
RedFlash
Beginner On Rentals

Post by RedFlash »

JaqueLeCoque wrote: Nov 13th, '21, 00:17 I'm not sure that's true.
The real ski community is as legitimate, strong, and passionate as ever. The clown-show is nowhere near representative of the ski community. In fact, from what I can tell it's as far removed from actual skiers as possible. It's like when Disney or ad-agencies try to make a rock band. It's just off.
I am sure this is true, Jaque! Northeast Skiology is a refugee camp for misfit riders and skiers! And he is pontificating about ski areas addressing Covid as he sees fit again while at the same time planning his own super spreader event at Magic or some other place that he hopes does not get over 1 foot of snow because in his words that would be a waste. SMH again.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

I for one am getting a kick out of 'watching' the polite, politically correct, 'ambassadors' from the K-Zone picking on another internet skiing discussion !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
SnowMonkey
Beginner On Rentals

Post by SnowMonkey »

@Captain Hafski, I don't see anyone quibbling with the discussion or the community. Just the twit who is leading it like a little Hitler who silences any opposition. One could only hope he would have learned to show a bit of humility, respect others who have more knowledge and to allow disagreement. The fact that he hasn'tspeaks volumes. As do all the critiques on this forum and on so many others. It's like watching a train wreck which we all know will happen sooner or later when he discovers this voracious ego-feed has all been a colossal waste of time. It's hard to look away.
RedFlash
Beginner On Rentals

Post by RedFlash »

Y'all have to check out the latest Clownology post showing Skiology Matt academic background in weather. And Matthew Scott is Skiology Matt.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

RedFlash wrote: Nov 16th, '21, 12:46 Y'all have to check out the latest Clownology post showing Skiology Matt academic background in weather. And Matthew Scott is Skiology Matt.
Such a douche . . . pure comedy
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

So apparently trying to share a post about Superstar passing snow control can get one blocked from NE Skiology! Guess he didn't like that his prediction of failure for snow control proved to be wrong about 24 hours after he made it?

What he FB messengered me after blocking me from his group this afternoon. I figured that I'd copy this one before Matt could delete and/or edit later the previous few ones he sent me threatening to block me from his group if I didn't leave this thread and the Clownology group. Sending a threatening messenge and then deleting it soon thereafter shows such stablity and conviction!

"You are being blocked because you didn't disengage and I get actual threats from these people on a regular basis which puts my safety at risk."

Just curious as to how some on line back and forth of differing opinions amounts to putting his safety at risk?

Hope he gets the help that he needs, since personally I don't wish ill will on anyone, and fully am OK with others having a different opinion than I do
Last edited by DrJeff on Nov 17th, '21, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

It seems odd to take the yes/no snow control prediction so seriously. They pulled it off. Most would be happy that they did.
Last edited by snoloco on Sep 2nd, '23, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
SnowMonkey
Beginner On Rentals

Post by SnowMonkey »

DrJeff wrote: Nov 17th, '21, 15:47 So apparently trying to share a post about Superstar passing snow control can get one blocked from NE Skiology! Guess he didn't like that his prediction of failure for snow control proved to be wrong about 24 hours after he made it?

Hope he gets the help that he needs, since personally I don't wish ill will on anyone, and fully am OK with others having a different opinion than I do
Did you see the like 3-page rant he did last year about "threats" I think vtskiandride actually published it in full and called him on it, which is hilarious.