Foundry

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

brownman
Postinator

Re: Foundry

Post by brownman »

Sucks there, has for a long time :dislike
If they're not careful, it may become like the place directly across the street :wink:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
moneygripp
Green Skidder

Post by moneygripp »

They'll become an empty field???
G-smashed
Official KZone Historian

Post by G-smashed »

Did anybody ever see Bar Rescue? This guy comes into a failing bar and always makes the same changes:
1. Get rid of bartenders that drink behind the bar and overserve regular customers.
2. Get rid of regular customers who buy too many drinks.
3. Raise prices and upscale the menu to attract more upscale customers.
4. See 3. Eliminate comfort foods such as wings and pizza that attract lowscale customers.
5. Limit drink selections to a few upscale NYC club style drinks. ($10 goombays with no booze in them)

Sound familiar?

Don't Deer Valley Killington!
http://www.myeloma.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ffrf.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keithrichards.com/
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

G-smashed wrote:Did anybody ever see Bar Rescue? This guy comes into a failing bar and always makes the same changes:
1. Get rid of bartenders that drink behind the bar and overserve regular customers.
2. Get rid of regular customers who buy too many drinks.
3. Raise prices and upscale the menu to attract more upscale customers.
4. See 3. Eliminate comfort foods such as wings and pizza that attract lowscale customers.
5. Limit drink selections to a few upscale NYC club style drinks. ($10 goombays with no booze in them)

Sound familiar?
Worked for the Double Deuce, right?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

moneygripp wrote:They'll become an empty field ...
... with a delapidated chalet and some mouse infested cabins.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

It's pretty cool there during the summer sitting outside on the deck sipping a drink & feeding the fish oyster crackers.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

We went to the new Mountain Green restaurant Capriccio a couple time, which turned out to be one time too many. Food is good but the second time we were there I wanted a burger. I ordered the muscles special for an appetizer and my wife and kids all ordered a regular dinner meal with appetizers. But when I asked for a burger for dinner, we were told we would have to move from the dinning room to the bar because they would not serve any bar food in the dinning room. We moved to the bar under protest, spent $200 in food and will never go back.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

steamboat1 wrote:It's pretty cool there during the summer sitting outside on the deck sipping a drink & feeding the fish oyster crackers.
Those are some pretty hungry catfish too. So many of them.

Back in the day, Pasta Norma (Pasta Pete's wife) used to have fishing contests in the summer for the local kids in Summit Pond. Prizes for biggest fish, smallest fish, and most fish. IIRC, she used to take the fish and put them is her garden as fertilizer.

Miss those days.... Anyone remember Clarkie?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

steamboat1 wrote:
Next question if you see 3 white lights on top of eachother on the mast what does this mean?
If I remember correctly from the coast guard boating safety class it means A vessel is in tow?
Don't Killington Pico
doofus
Green Skidder

Post by doofus »

Woodsrider wrote:We went to the new Mountain Green restaurant Capriccio a couple time, which turned out to be one time too many. Food is good but the second time we were there I wanted a burger. I ordered the muscles special for an appetizer and my wife and kids all ordered a regular dinner meal with appetizers. But when I asked for a burger for dinner, we were told we would have to move from the dinning room to the bar because they would not serve any bar food in the dinning room. We moved to the bar under protest, spent $200 in food and will never go back.

Choosing not to go back is your right as it is their right to not sever burgers in the main restaurant. Anyone who has been at MT Green for a number of years knows that having another "bar food" restaurant on an access road full of them does not work. If they allow you to have a burger in the main room then they must allow the group of 16 who want burgers and beer to do the same. Capriccio is a very good quality higher-end Italian restaurant and risk losing that if they do not stick to their principles.

If you want a burger eat in the bar. If you want "muscles" go to the gym
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching."
-Satchel Paige
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

boston_e wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
Next question if you see 3 white lights on top of eachother on the mast what does this mean?
If I remember correctly from the coast guard boating safety class it means A vessel is in tow?
3 white lights on top of eachother means they're towing more than 150 meters behind. If a tug were towing less than 150 meters behind, towing alongside or pushing ahead the proper light display would be only 2 white lights on top of eachother
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Looking on Yelp and Trip advisor, the Foundry is very highly rated. Rated higher than Birch Ridge. The few negative comments I saw all have to do with service or attitude.

However all the locals I ask about the food say its mediocre and not worth it, where all the online reviews shower glowing comments on the food. Something isn't adding up.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

As long as we're talking about running lights on restaurants, what's the single green light on Baja Burito mean? Is it in a left turn? And the blue taxiway lights on JAX really have me confused.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

So post on there face book page. All prices went up this year on the mountain.

They could use big lights are the end of the driveway too, since I have seen many people thing the road entrance is near the skating sign.
I can go else where but many locals and friends go there .
Sort of over priced like wobbly barn that is never open since Power took it over.
As the season wanes and less out of state people come to ski they will relax there silly bar dinner tables rule. They do have a good cook who was t the Vermont inn before. Agree who eats dinner at 4:30 pm unless it is a dinner special.

Do enjoy sitting on the deck in the spring. :cool